|The onsite training project offers practical strategies and techniques for organizations to learn how to improve results—waste elimination, energy reductions, quality enhancement, building efficiency, delivery of value to customers—while achieving environmental performance goals. Hidden wastes—sometimes buried in facilities and support functions—can be significant, as can the costs associated with them. Environmental wastes are often a sign of inefficient production, and they frequently indicate opportunities for saving cost and time. Both lean, environmental and energy metrics are introduced into a current state value stream map to help identify a roadmap to process improvement efforts. This training teaches people without an environmental or energy background how to “see” new wastes for the first time.
This three-day project will work with a cross-functional team to measure and identify areas for improvement within the production, information and waste flow of your operation, establish a vision for the future, and develop a plan to achieve the vision.
The scope of this training includes an environmental analysis which focuses on:
- A shared organizational understanding of current opportunities for elimination of lean and clean non-value adding activities and environmental/energy wastes.
- Establishment of a proactive operations vision that dramatically improves performance.
- Agreement within the management of the need for change and the path to achieving change.
- Development of an implementation plan to achieve the vision.
- Training of internal resources on value stream mapping techniques.
- Current State Map, complete with existing operating performance measures
- Plan for Future State Map that identifies a new information and production process
- Environmental and Energy measures analyzed with recommendations for improvement
- Implementation plan to achieve the Future State
Current State Map:
The mapping teams will map a baseline condition of a selected product family. The data collected might include information such as:
The data will be used to measure, analyze, and discuss the performance of the product line. The Current State Map will highlight areas of waste and non value-added tasks, and discuss the impact of their collective internal actions and the subsequent need to change.
The team will develop and commit to a detailed plan to achieve the improvements, prioritizing the activities to focus on those most visible to the customer. This plan will be the means to manage your new operations strategy.
The Value Stream Map and Implementation Plan will be presented to senior management members by the mapping team and will include a discussion of the necessary steps to achieve the predicted performance.